Monday, January 28, 2013

Behind the Scenes: Wedding Dress Shoot, Part 2!

As promised, here are some behind-the-scenes shots from the FMS Wedding's "Decades of Dresses" layout!
That's photographer Edmund Barr, lining up a shot of the '40s-inspired dresses.

The shoot, at Inheritance in Los Angeles, took 10 hours and was a ton of fun. Taylor, Ki and Edmund's assistant, Dilean, were all smiles at the top of the day! Ki's friend Kevin Beer, the "Hollywood Picker" (featured in the last issue of Flea Market Style mag!) recommended the location.

Merrill Melideo of Lovely Bride Bridal Shop styled the shoot and attended to every detail!



                                 How does one go about finding dresses to fit each decade?

"I found the bridal shop from an online video they had posted about vintage bridal styling," Vanessa said. "Then, Taylor and I went to the shop and picked out a few dresses that we felt represented each decade. Merrill brought them all over on the day of the shoot, along with veils, jewelry and accessories."


Vanessa and Taylor's favorite? The Nicole Miller '30s-inspired dress on Page 63!

"It was a very fun day," Vanessa said. "Taylor and Ki brought fresh flowers for styling. I brought a box of Starbucks and snacks. While we were doing the accessories shot, we felt like we needed one more piece. I happened to be wearing a vintage bracelet that had been given to me the weekend before when I was a bridesmaid at my best friend's wedding. It fit perfectly into the shot and made it into the final edit!"

This was the first fashion shoot Ki has produced for Flea Market Style! She had fretted a bit about how it would turn out, but  I think you'll agree, she needn't have worried!

Kim



5 comments:

CanvasPics {Interior HeART still life} said...

You guys have the best "job" ever! Love it - I recently received a copy of 2012 Winter Flea Market Style from my bestie for my birthday (with scone and coffee!). Best gift ever * Thank you * Inspiring, motivating, eye-candy..I could go on and on.

shannon i olson said...

wonderful set to "play" in. We are in the midst of planning my daughter's vintage wedding, what a fun time!- and hectic!!

karyn gray said...

Party, wedding is very especial occasion. We need the best equipment for these events. I am very happy to get good advice from your article. I will definitely think about your thought....
Wedding Furniture Hire

Pantry Doors said...

Your blog is one of the best source in interior design and decorating. I bookmarked your site.

Shannon C said...

Hi! I fell in love with the Badgley Mischka strapless gown (beaded bustier, tiered ruffle bottom) in the 30's section and cannot find it anywhere online. Any ideas? Thanks!