Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Guest Blogger Post, A Vintage Christmas




"A Vintage Christmas" has kind of been my theme this year. For the first time, I decided not to buy any new Christmas decor for the holiday season, except for some fresh greenery. Keeping things simple, has really allowed me to focus on the creativity of combining elements I already owned to make all of my seasonal vignettes...



I spent the whole year selectively picking up items at the flea market that appealed to me for either their beautiful patina, unique look, or many times just because the item made me smile...so I figured, why not gather those items up to create a little Christmas cheer for my home??!



Here I used a vintage mason jar to hold my tree seedling, old German beer bottles, stacked books, a perfectly faded ornament, and a vintage caddy to create a look that will work for Christmas and into the winter months as well. I completed the vignette with hand stamped tags I made saying peace, love, joy.



My warmest wishes that you too have a little vintage goodness in your holiday season this year!!!





24 comments:

Heather from Post Road Vintage said...

Beautiful as always Tracey! I've been sticking with the decorations I can leave up all winter too.. I just didn't get to it as soon as I'd have liked and now I'll get to enjoy them for longer :)

Andy's Attic said...

Such a good idea. It looks very soothing and calm.
Annette

Sandy, Sisters of Season said...

Vintage simplicity is the best!

Lolo said...

I saw that header pic and just KNEW it was my dear Tracey! Love all of your touches my friend....so simple and perfect.
Love that greenery girl!
XOX

Kindra-At Home With K said...

Love all your Holiday touches. Nothing is better than vintage!

Jennifer @ Studio JRU said...

So, so pretty. Simple and beautiful!

Apron Strings Productions said...

Simply Beautiful! I too have kept it simple using my favorite everyday vintage finds for Christmas... adding a fresh spring and pinecones (gifts from nature) here and there, along with some vintage Christmas bulbs (I even used the box tray as decor)...tying a ribbon around a stack of vintage books...it all really does add a touch of the season to our everyday Vintage Living!
Thank you for sharing,
Amanda

Laurie said...

The vintage Christmas theme is simple and beautiful... Love it!

Cat & Cricket said...

Classic!

manon 21 said...

Tout simplement beau.

Amicalement,

Manon

La Maison Fou said...

I love the old looking tags, tinsel and the play on the blue bottle!
Very pretty and all the right elements for modern country gifting.
L.
La Maison fou

Polish and Pearls said...

Gorgeous blue bottles!

Leah C said...

So very beautiful, Tracey! I think I just need to "follow you around" and buy whatever you find...because I love it all:) Merry Wishes!

EmilyLauren said...

It's simply beautiful!

moonstone said...

hello tracy i love you blog and i wishing you niceholiday and envite you and you friends to visit my blogg and feel free to leave any coments and why not to asking to please be fallow!

Bobby Beck said...

This magazine rocks! Is it going to be available for subscription?

Margo said...

Tracey I really enjoy your posts here and on your blog. Your photo's are lovely and your designs inspiring. Thank you for this thrifty simplicity and now I'm off to see what else I can do with what I've got.
Merry Christmas,
Margo

Simply Bungalow said...

Love it all. Simple and beautiful!
~Heidi

The Little Red Shop said...

A lovely Christmas to you!

: )

Julie M.

hometown girl said...

just lovely! susan

Gracefully Vintage said...

That is the best display and great use of greenery... Thanks for ALWAYs sharing such Inspiration..
Karryann

Katie + Philip said...

a friend gave my your magazine last june - i loved it!

just stumbled upon the blog :)

katie
aperfect300.blogspot.com

fialka012 said...

Krásné...

Teacup Moments said...

i also decorated with pinecones this year! i love the charming simplicity you created for the holidays!