Monday, December 6, 2010

Guest Blogger Post, Using Vintage Papers

IMG_8538aPlain box that you can find at any craft store decorated with a vintage map and sheet music


One of my favorite places to shop in my town of Castle Rock, Colorado is The Barn. It is an old barn that has been converted into little shops. Each of the old stalls is now a shop that sells vintage and new items.

The Barn is my go to place when I am needing something vintage, chippy and full of character.

I told the shop owners to let me know when their Christmas things were in because they are always wonderful at taking vintage items and creating something new and beautiful with them.

As we are packing away our fall decorations and bringing out our boxes of Christmas goodies I thought it would be fun to see how we can simply incorporate some vintage papers into our holiday decorating.

Ornamentcollage Clear, glass ornaments decoupaged with vintage German papers, sprinkled with glass glitter and tied with "Noel" made on a printer

I knew they would have perfect ideas for us to use!

Ornaments1 I want to make these tussie mussies for advent. What a fabulous idea. My children will love finding their little surprise each day leading up to Christmas

I love papers...old and new a like. So, incorporating vintage papers into my Christmas decorating is fun and easy.

SantoscollageThis is a great example of how you can take the things in your home and "dress" them up a bit for the holiday with vintage papers


Vintage papers can be easily used to make beautiful wreathes, banners, place mats...the uses are endless.

If you have wonderful ideas of how to incorporate vintage papers into holiday decor please leave a comment with a link to your blog...I know we would all love to see it!

If you are in the area stop by The Barn and say "hello". You will not be disappointed!

Jeanne Oliver


28 comments:

Sale-ing in Denver said...

I live in Denver but never get to the burbs (Castle Rock might as well be on another planet!) but I think we might have to make a trip to visit the Barn. Thanks!

Karin said...

LOVE the vintage paper ornaments with a sprinkling of glitter...just perfect!

salmagundi said...

I've been to The Barn, but not this season. Guess I need to make a trip up I-25. Thanks for the inspiration. Sally

Amy Axe said...

Love the paper ornaments! Beautiful!

Lori Katies Rose Cottage said...

I just love anything with
vintage papers and the
ornaments are gorgeous!
Thank you for the
wonderful inspiration!

xoxo
Lori

Tracey said...

Beautiful Jeanne, just beautiful!!! You are always so inspiring!

Hugs ~

:) T

Julie (Legacy Crafter) said...

really nice stuff. I, like you am also a paper freak! My husband just doesn't understand.

I have some old sheet music, wasn't sure what to do with, but you have given me some great ideas
Thanks for sharing,
julie

Blessings from Cindy said...

Simply Beautiful! Thanks for sharing!
Blessings,
Cindy

paige said...

especially love the paper wrapped glass balls
gorgeous!

Apron Thrift Girl said...

I was just playing around in my head with how to use vintage paper when I stumbled across this post. Now to get crafting.

red.neck chic said...

I need to go to Denver.

I LOVE the stacked papers ornament!!! I find myself wanting to cut circles out of everything I look at...

;-D robelyn

Destiny said...

As a shop-owner in The Barn, I'd like to thank Jeanne for mentioning us : ) She's one of our favorite customers!!! I hope some of you can stop by if you're ever in the area!

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

How perfectly beautiful....

Warm blessings,
Spencer

TruWhim said...

Just beautiful and inspiring. I do not live anywhere near the barn. I would love to visit one day.

Warm Fuzzies,
Michelle

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Love it, Jeanne. Think I'm going to make my santos a little dress made of vintage paper before Christmas. You inspire!

very merry vintage style said...

Gorgeous ornaments... I think I'll have to make something similar. Wouldn't it be pretty to have one on each plate on the Christmas table?

Heather from Post Road Vintage said...

Lovely! Here's my little paper project I did the other day. Not so Christmasy but fun just the same!

http://www.postroadvintage.com/2010/12/get-some-clothes-on-your-lightswitch.html

Off to rummage for old paper and glue :)

Leah C said...

Oh wow...love those ornaments!

potterjotter said...

Wow - such great ideas - the simplest things are always the most effective. Will try some of those over the holidays.

The Flying Bee said...

Love the decoupaged glass ornaments! I wish I lived close enough to shop there. Great post Jeanne!

Gina @ Temporary Nest said...

Oooohhhh those ornaments are perfect! I love them!!

Gayle said...

Oh wow, those ornaments are gorgeous! LOVE!

-Gayle, Pen & Ink Blog
http://gaylewritesinpen.blogspot.com/

Michelle said...

Love the music note ball ornaments...they look incredible!

Janice said...

I love the Barn! my friend took me there when I was visiting. Unfortunatley I'm not from there, but my daughter is living in Parker;) I'm sure I'll be back. thanks for these great ideas!

Anonymous said...

Did you make the paper ornaments? If so, is it possible to give a tutorial? Thank you!

Kristen @ Titus 2 Work in Progress said...

I made these and posted it on my blog. I love them! I linked back to you. Thanks for inspiring :) http://titus2workinprogress.blogspot.com/2011/12/shabby-ornaments.html

Kristen @ Titus 2 Work in Progress said...

I made these and love them! I posted on my blog and linked back to you. Thanks for inspiring :)

Julie said...

Oh my goodness,.the baubles look amazing! Can I ask though,when you say vintage,are they Scrapbooking papers or literally vintage papers? I would so love to create some myself! Thank you for sharing,I found you via Pintrest . Julie x