Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Latest News


Hi Everyone! I've been quite the busy bee and thought it would be nice to catch up on some of the fun happenings behind the scenes at FMS. Here are a few of the latest highlights...
  • All of the homes have been shot and there will be more than the last issue!
  • Real homes with real people and their real life flea market style.
  • I've flown from sea to shining sea to style and shoot them.
  • Due to a rainstorm I shot an entire house in one day. Impossible or so I thought.
  • There is still more traveling to be done for lifestyle features.
  • Our first round of layouts went to the publisher and they loved them!
  • There are some amazing project stories in the works.
  • In a week I'll be shooting a story that makes me practically giddy with excitement.
  • There has been lots of baking, sewing, painting, drilling and nailing going on.
  • Everytime we see a new layout it feels like Christmas among the team.
  • Friends, readers and antique dealers across the country have been incredibly generous with their time and treasures.
And lastly I wanted to let you know we will adding a few "Guest Bloggers" to our blog starting next week! Once a month each of them will be sharing with you some of their favorite flea market finds, stories and decorating tips. I for one can't wait to read them and know that you will enjoy them too.

Cheers! ~Heather

21 comments:

Gracie's Cottage said...

Hurry, please! Can't wait for the next issue. :)

Jan

Laurie at Turner Farm said...

Phew! You are one busy girl! Love the new guest bloggers.

roadtrip*treasures said...

Can't wait for spring...so we get to see the next issue!

Daphne Nicole & Lynda Cade said...

Can't wait to get the next issue!!!
Daphne

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Heather, I CAN'T WAIT to see the next issue, this is so exciting!!

gretchen said...

Yours is one of my very favorite magazines and like the other ladies here? I can't wait, either!

Alicia ~ time worn style said...

absolutely LOVE this magazine, not easy to find over here in Australia, a lovely friend shipped one down for me from interstate. Then I found another, like a treasure hunt in itself. Cant wait for the next one!
alicia
ps. these comments are like Groundhog day yes? we all want that next mag!!

* French Farmhouse 425 * said...

~*~*I am sooo thrilled I found your wonderful blog!!! I LOVE your magazine too!!Im your newest follwer.. Hugs, Rachel~*~*

Pink Princess said...

Welllll it won't be here anyways unfortunately :( But good luck with the new mag...sounds awesome

frugal farmhouse design said...

The magazine sounds like it is going to be wonderful. I am looking forward to the next issue. All the best, Lori

Maria Wheeler said...

Love this website and looking forward to the 'Guest Blogs"...

laurenmack1129 said...

Yay! So excited for the new issue to come out. Thanks for all your hard work :)

Elyse said...

sounds like lots of great stuff and tons of creative, positive energy! rock on, FMS team!

xo
elyse

very merry vintage style said...

Love to hear the story behind the magazine. Sounds like you are truly living your bliss. Looking forward to the publication.

Prior said...

I can't wait! Your mag is my style, for sure! Lezlee

WhiteWhispers2u said...

Wow! How exciting and sounds like lots of fa~boo~lous eye candy.~Cheers Kim

glenda said...

Ah, to be young and have so many exciting things going on...I am so glad all of you are working so hard to preserve the country ways for all of us to enjoy.
thank you,
glenda

tara said...

What a fun time you must be having!! And I can't wait for the guest bloggers that will be a lot of fun to read and drool over their photos!! Hope you are well Heather! xo, Tara

TruWhim said...

I can not wait for the magazine. I love the idea of guest bloggers too. YEAH!!

Miss Mustard Seed said...

Everything sounds so exciting!! :)

Anonymous said...

Love this magazine.........finally, one that interests me and is not all ads. I copied lots of ideas ....it is all down my alley. Way to go...
when will the next one come out?/?
guarding this one...........finally found a glass funnel. It is $39.00.
hard to find....that was a tough one.
Will pay $10. for this magazine.